A call from Creativity and Innovation Management Journal.
Big Data can be considered as one of the most innovative and relevant challenges for organizations operating within the umbrella of the so called knowledge economy. Indeed, due to the democratization of the ICTs, the pervasiveness of web and social media applications, as well as the emergence of Internet of Things, Big Data arise as the synthesis of the large amount of information, experiences, feedbacks, and thoughts that, in a structured or unstructured way, people around the world may create and share (McAfee & Brynjolfsson, 2012; Jin, et al., 2015).
Topics This Special Issue will contribute to the literature on open innovation by including new insights about the Big Data, as well as it is aimed to provide a larger comprehension of the managerial implications of Big Data for the successful conception and execution of open innovation strategy. Articles reframing open innovation in a big data perspective are welcome to contribute at the theoretical advancement of the literature. At this purpose, possible topics include, but are not limited, to questions in the following domains of inquiry:
- Re-conceptualizing Open Innovation through a Big Data perspective
- ICT tools and approaches supporting knowledge creation, acquisition, and transfer from Big Data
- Big Data as source of creativity for collaborative and users’ driven innovation
- SMEs vs Big Corporation, trends, opportunities and challenges of Big Data
- Big Data, crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, and collective intelligence
- The role of intermediaries, infomediaries and innomediaries
- Big Data in inbound and outbound open innovation strategies
- Big Data and the emergence of new entrepreneurial dynamics.
We would like to encourage all authors planning to submit a paper to this special issue to submit a first version of the paper to the next Creativity Innovation Management Community Meeting, that will take place at the University of Potsdam, Germany, on the 13-14 of October. This is an opportunity to discuss and get feedback on your work for your final submission
Submission deadline: 30 November 2016